|How do I use the form to email gateway?
Thank you for rating this answer.
You will need to insert the following html code into your pages:
<form method=POST action="http://www.cia.com.au/cgi-bin/formmail.cgi">
<input type=hidden name="recipient" value="email@example.com">
<input type=hidden name="subject" value="Whatever Subject You Wish">
<input type=hidden name="redirect"
Your Name: <input type=text size=40 name=realname> <BR>
Your Email Address: <input type=text size=40 name=email> <BR>
<TEXTAREA name="Comments" cols=40 rows=5></TEXTAREA>
<INPUT type=submit value="Submit">
<INPUT type=reset value="Reset">
- The path to the formmail script is http://www.cia.com.au/cgi-bin/formmail.cgi not http://www.yourdomain.com.au/cgi-bin/formmail.cgi.
- The recipient value is your email address. Please change this to your email address.
- The subject you can change to whatever subject you like.
- The "redirect" value is totally optional. You can either put the url of a file that you wish to display after the form is submitted, or leave the whole line out completely and the results of the form will be displayed on screen.
- The middle section above is optional: you can put whatever fields you like in your form. However for the first two fields you should try to keep "realname" and "email" as the names for the values so that you will be able to see who the form is from and reply to them easily.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
No related questions were found.
No attachments were found.